Like everything else in life, houses need regular maintenance and attention to keep them in the best condition. However, as we know that’s not always possible.
Understanding Why Homes Fall into Disrepair
There are lots of reasons why homes fall into disrepair – divorce, bankruptcy, illness, and of course the lack of finances needed for their upkeep.
Inheriting a House: An Asset or a Burden?
Perhaps, you’ve inherited a house and simply aren’t in a position to renovate or repair the property. While a house can be a tremendous asset, it can also become a financial burden.
Steps to Prepare Your Property for Sale
If you’ve decided to sell your property yourself or through a realtor, here are some things you can do to prepare for that process.
- Remove all personal belongings and clutter – potential buyers are easily put off and may have a hard time envisioning themselves owning the home when surrounded by other people’s stuff.
- Repair, repaint & replace – make sure the house looks and smells its best. Replace and repair what you can and consider repainting walls a neutral color to appeal to a wider audience.
- Consider hiring a professional to help you stage the property – staging your property simply means preparing it prior to showing or taking pictures to display in a listing. The goal is to make your house as appealing as possible to the highest number of potential buyers.
- Get a pre-listing home inspection – it’s best to know ahead of time what may be wrong with your house or condo. You’ll have to factor this into your asking price if you’re unable to fix any problems that show up in the inspection.
- Prepare your entrance – first impressions matter, so you’ll want to make sure the lawn is mowed and all unnecessary items are removed from the garden. Spruce up your space with some nice plants and make sure the entrance is clean and unobstructed.
- Plan ahead on how you are going to manage viewings for your property – will you be scheduling the appointments yourself or through a realtor? Will you be using a lock-box to allow realtors and buyers to access your property?
Clearly there’s a lot involved in selling your home or property, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. Forewarned is forearmed as the saying goes and it certainly helps to know in advance what you’ll need to do in order to sell your house in Tampa Bay.
Traditional Path Vs. New Options for Home-Selling
At this point you may be wondering if you have more than one option when it comes to selling your property. The answer is yes. In the past home-sellers have been limited to the traditional path of listing their property with a realtor or trying to sell it themselves.
Sell Your House “As-Is” with Real Offer Now
Fortunately, we can provide a faster and far less expensive way to sell your property quickly At Real Offer Now, we’ll buy your property just as it is.
We buy houses “as-is” in the Tampa Bay area. That means just as your home is right now, even if you haven’t cleaned it for weeks (or months). Even if you haven’t made those much-needed repairs, your yard is overgrown, or you’ve had storm damage or worse.
As BBB accredited real estate buyers with over 10 years of experience buying homes for cash in St. Petersburg, Tampa, New Port Richey, and Lakeland you’ll be in safe hands when you come to us to sell your house.
Contact Us Today for a Quick Offer
Contact us today and we’ll get back to you with an offer within 24 hours.